Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Sleepy time

Lately I've been going on just about 5-6 hours of sleep each night. For some people that's enough. But for me, I need 9-10 hours of sleep. Considering that every day I jam pack with things to do, children activities, work, music, etc., I really need to get more rest. A few nights ago I was at Stake Choir rehearsal. We were in the middle of singing a song and I realized I had fallen asleep. Apparently I can sing in my sleep, unfortunately I wasn't singing the right part! Only the women on each side of me could hear me, so that's good at least. And then yesterday I went to the temple, and sure enough, I could barely keep my eyes open. That's when I realized that my body needs more rest in order to put up with the long days I demand energy for. Brian and I have a bad habit of staying up late watching TV. This is due to the years of doing homework late into the night, and now Brian brings home work at night and does it while we watch TV. So last night, instead of staying up late into the night with Brian, I went to bed. Partially because of my sheer exhaustion, and part because of the commitment I've made to giving my body the rest it so desperately needs.

No comments: