Thursday, December 15, 2005

Deadlines

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

Gmail has this interesting, sometimes annoying new feature that gives you random snippets at the top of your gmail page. Today's quote caught my eye, when 6:00 rolled around and I missed what had become an important deadline to me. The 15th of the month + 6:00 EST=5:00CST=close of the business month for my home business. In the beginning months of my business this was a very hectic time for me. But then business began to build, and I no longer had to get orders at the last moment. Well, since my focus has not been on my business lately, but rather the other million things in my life, I had a deadline to meet. Unfortunately I paid attention to it a little too late. I sent out emails, made some phone calls, all the while realizing I just wasn't going to qualify this month. This is the first time in 17 months that I haven't qualified. This could be discouraging to some, but I have decided to make it an experience. Like your testimony-or spiritual well-being, physical fitness, and marriage, what was once strong and booming cannot continue to flourish if you don't keep adding to it, maintaining it or at least paying attention it! So as the new year approaches, my focus is going to be prioritizing, and then maintaining and building on those important things in my life. Only good can come from this...I'm due at a party in 15 minutes and haven't showered yet!!!!

No comments: