Thursday, January 19, 2006

Little Geniuses

How could I have forgotten some of the best things from the past 5 weeks???
One night Cassidy wanted to show me how she had written her name. Since "write my name" had always meant a bunch of scribbles, I was totally shocked to look down and see quite clear CASSIDY. I was so impressed. And then Chloe was like "I can write my name too!" And sure enough, she wrote her name too. Now we didn't teach them this at home, which means preschool has paid off already!!! In response to my shock, they responded with, "I'm 4 now mom!" It seems that they can do anything now that they are 4. So if that's the case, let's see if I can teach them something a bit more advanced...And that's when they learned how to read. All simple sentences of course, but it's mighty impressive to me. They love being out somewhere, reading letters and putting the words together. It's interesting to see them work together to solve words. Chloe often knows the letters and corresponding sounds, but Cassidy puts the sounds together to form words. They are quite the pair! Someday they'll have to make it in the world on their own, but for now they have each other.

No comments: