Thursday, April 19, 2012

Anybody Out There?

So if I haven't posted in 18 months, does anyone bother to look at this? Well if you do, thanks for not giving up on me. I was inspired to post when I found a cool picture on my computer. I thought to myself, that would be a great picture for my blog. In order to see the picture, you'll have to actually go to my blog to see it, not just on your reader feed.

We've had quite the adventure this past while. I'll try to hit the major points...

We've had a great opportunity to housesit for our friends' parents this past year. We went from a 2000 sq ft townhouse to a 9,000 sq ft house. Keeping it clean has been a bit of a challenge. We have been able to host some decent sized parties, which of course makes me happy. Chloe and Cassie spend a good bit of time in the racquetball court that's in the basement, where they play tennis, soccer and have even turned it into a roller skating rink! All in all, it has been a fun house to live in. We rented out our townhouse and have been able to save some money to buy a new house. We have a contract on one, so please pray that everything works out!

With our move I decided to homeschool Chloe and Cassie for the year. Brian has always wanted me to do it, and I've always secretly wanted to. The year has been wonderful. I absolutely love having Chloe and Cassie with me every day. They are very organized and are able to do most of the work on their own. They even quiz each other on spelling tests, states and capitals, and Spanish. They are devoted to learning to play the piano, in the hope that we will allow them to learn new instruments soon. Chloe wants to learn to play the flute and Cassie is hoping to get a cello. I will be very sad to see them go back to school next year.

Addison still tries to rule the roost, she's very much like her mother. It's a daily issue in the house, who is in charge me or her... I usually win. She is quite the character. She has many expressions and you always know where you stand with her. She loves to dance and to sing. She wants to be big like her sisters. She makes me smile for more hours of the day than not :)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yes! Still here and hoping for updates more often. I was just thinking of you this week and was wanting a little update. It sounds like you have been busy with your girls. Please keep posting-- or shoot me an email every now and again. I love keeping up to date with you and your family. Miss you!

Deanna said...

we're still here too and love hearing any updates as well!