Tuesday, February 21, 2006

1987

Everyday we have new patients come into the office. And everyday I see young girls who were born in 1984, 85, 86, 87, and I think that they must be too young to be having surgery. But then I realize that I'm just getting old(er). Like today one patient was born in '87, but she's 18. I just can't believe it. I mean, I can do the math, but it's hard to believe that I'm just getting to be, well, old(er). I will be 27 next week, and I'm already getting embarassed to tell my young friends, or the young women at church how old I am. It's not like I'm 30 or anything :) When I think about my friends here, most of them are in their mid-30's, so I'm the baby. But their kids are all the same age as mine, so it seems like we're the same age. But when I'm their age, 36, I will have teenagers!!! Very, very scarey. I like being one of the young moms(one with young kids). MOM-is that why you kept having kids? So you could be a young mom? It's pretty brilliant really, everyone thinks she's in her 30's cause she has young kids! Too bad that I want to be done having kids by 30...

2 comments:

Todd said...

We've known you were an old geezer for a long time. I'm glad you finally realized it! :)

Nat said...

Hey... I was just playing catch up with your blog. Enjoyed it! I hope everything's going well!