Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Surprise Party, and Birthday

On Friday night I was thrown my first ever surprise birthday party. Usually I manage to ruin any surprise, but this time I had no clue. My mom came up for the weekend too, which is always great. The party was at our clubhouse, with lots of food, and tasty desserts. Samantha brought a chocolate fountain, our party must-have. We played my all-time favorite big group game SIGNS. We used to play this in Connecticut a lot. I never got sick of it, and it's been forever since I've had a chance to play with friends. I actually taught SIGNS to the Young Women at church a few weeks ago as part of a Personal Progress party. Anyway, everyone seemed to get a big kick out of the game. Though I missed having people save me at the last second-thanks Andy, I still try to pull on my beard! When the party seemed as though it was dieing down, my friends Stacey and Michael decided we needed to spice it back up. Which led to a huge food fight. It started with the left-over bags of marshmallow(meant for the chocolate fondue), but then it turned mean with whole bananas, and cut up pineapple. We were laughing so hard. It was truly quite the sight. And my mom got it all on video! We all finally took our kids home around midnight, praying they would all sleep until at least 10 the next morning. My girls were up at 9, not too bad.


Today, for my birthday, some friends took me out to a very tasty breakfast. Afterwards we went and got manicures and pedicures, which is so relaxing. It feels so good to get pampered. We're going to celebrate more tonight. I sure do love birthdays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Carol!!!!! It sounds like you had some really fun celebrations! I am sad we missed out on the sign game. It has been way to long since we've played.

Deanna said...

I'm glad you got some pampering and had a fun day!