Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Garden

This past weekend Chords of Faith(the area choir that I sing with) performed The Garden by Michael McClean. It's an allegorical oratorio, an allegory told through music. We did this when I lived in Connecticut too. It was such a wonderful experience to relive this music. The reflection of the Savior's life and his suffering is felt deep in your soul through this music. Music has always touched me in ways that nothing else could. This was, without a doubt, one of the most spiritually moving moments of my life(lasting an hour!)

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to sing The Garden with my choir. We are hoping to turn it into a yearly event, similar to the LDS pageants in other places throughout the country. I love singing with a group that is so talented, and with incredible conductors. I suppose this is as close as I will ever get to singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

No comments: