Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My New Haven Friends... in Detail

I was correctly reminded that I should give more details of the wonderful friends that we had a chance to visit with while in NYC. I will do so now...

On Friday night we went to dinner in Union Square with our friends Anika and Evan Criddle. It had been almost 2 years since we had seen them, and it was great to catch up. Anika is pregnant with their first girl, they have 2 older boys. (She's due in late December) I have always really admired Anika in so many ways. She is insightful beyond her years, which has always come in handy for me! She has a brother who now lives in Atlanta, so hopefully they will be making a trip down here after the baby comes.

Saturday Deanna and Todd came over from New Haven to visit with us. We went to see Mamma Mia, and got to hang out a bit. Sadly, Todd had to leave shortly after the show to go home and take care of the kids. But Deanna got to stay for the weekend!!! Thanks Todd! I have learned a lot from Deanna over the years, and I think I have rubbed off on her a little too. (Do you like her new earrings Todd?) She is a great person, and it was so much fun to go shopping, play some Ligretto, and eat ice cream, cheesecake, and pizza--our 3 favorite foods! It was fun to able to just be silly together.

Our friend Nicole and her newlywed husband Brooks also came to the show with us on Saturday. They live in NYC, and showed us some cool places to go. We went to a pizza restaurant in Brooklyn, waited about 45 minutes just for a table! But it was, as they promised us, very, very scrumptious. Afterwards we got some ice cream(waited in another long line) and ate it on the pier while watching the sun set. We next walked across the Brooklyn bridge, very beautiful (an attempt at working off all that pizza and ice cream!) My brother-in-law took some cool pictures, as soon as he sends them to me I will post them.

No comments: